The Friends of Patterdale Hall (FOPH) group has been established in order to progress the development of Patterdale Hall. The group is seeking “Friends” to join them in order to support events for the Hall and its grounds; regular newsletters will update members on developments. Some of the Friends will be part of a small steering committee.
Weekend working parties have already started to restore the gardens to their former glory. Objectives already in place for the group include:
- Ensuring the Hall remains as a centre of excellence into the future
- Raising funds for the renovation of the student accommodation
- Reinstalling the orangery that once overlooked the Victorian Italian gardens, as well as restoring the rest of the gardens
- Improving facilities for changing
- Widely publicising the varied activities on offer out of the centre
If you would like to become involved with the group, here are some ideas for you to consider:
- Firstly, join the FOPH group – email the Secretary, Debra Hardman (email@example.com) or call 01204 434751
- Join one of the FOPH’s volunteer days or working weekends
- Raise money through your own fundraising event – don’t forget to ask for Gift Aid permission and to collect names and addresses
- Sponsor the renovation of a dormitory or aspect of the centre – we can name the room after you!
- Offer to donate your professional skills to the many ongoing projects at Patterdale Hall – this can greatly offset cost
- Join in future FOPH fundraising events.
The inaugural President of the group is Old Boy of Bolton School and international adventurer and mountain climber, John Amatt. Reflecting on his appointment, John said: “I am delighted and honoured to be asked to be the inaugural President of the Friends of Patterdale Hall group. I have stayed at Patterdale Hall and know what a wonderful place it is, not only for the students of Bolton School but for many other young people who use it each year, some from deprived and disadvantaged backgrounds. The outdoor learning opportunities on offer at Patterdale Hall are very similar to those which I experienced. It was from these confidence building and developmental opportunities that my passion for developing others using the outdoors was established. I have made adventure my business”.
If you would like to become a Friend of Patterdale Hall or support the group in anyway, please do email the Secretary, Debra Hardman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 01204 434751.
Awesome Facilities! Awesome Activities! Awesome food! (Better than local competition) Awesome friendly staff!
Wonderful staff. Thanks for catering for all dietary requirements J Also extremely impressed with the refurb of the South Wing. Thanks for an amazing few days stay!
Our year 6 pupils have attended for Adventure Learning at Patterdale Hall for over 15 years. We have always found the structured experiential learning programmes to work excellently at developing self confidence, teamwork and leadership skills, whilst setting them up well to transition to secondary school. Using a challenge by choice ethos and high staff ratios the activity tutors are able to individually challenge our pupils, so that they all take the most away possible. I highly recommend Patterdale Hall.
The instructors were fantastic. So friendly + enthusiastic. The location and all the activities were amazing. Gorge walking was my personal favourite! Thanks you to all the Patterdale Hall staff for such an amazing experience for my NCS team.
Fantastic food, stunning location and incredible facilities. I couldn’t fault the staff. They all have [been] perfect with our young people, visiting staff and most importantly each other! Don’t change a thing, we will miss this place and I’d love to come back.
The food was amazing! The hall and garden are both stunning locations. All the staff, instructors, cooks etc. are extremely helpful and welcoming. Superb location all round.
The only thing better than the excellent location of Patterdale Hall is the welcoming staff and brilliant food. Both the centre staff and instructors worked hard to ensure that the NCS had an amazing experience. I would like to say a huge thank you and hope to be back soon.
Thank you so much for making our first week of the challenge really special. Gwyn
The staff at Patterdale Hall have been brilliant and have really accommodating to our every need! Thanks you!
The activity instructors here at Patterdale are the best I’ve ever come across and gave an amazing experience to our young people.