If you are involved with Apprentice training, you will know and understand the importance of helping young people to develop their personal skills, behaviours and the attitudes they need to operate as professionals in the workplace.
Our tailor-made programmes will help to build and develop the required characteristics in your apprentices.
To do this we use a range of carefully considered outdoor activities and both physical and mental challenges, coupled with time for planning and review. Where possible, we use workplace relevant analogies to aid learning transfer.
Our programmes start and finish in the workplace or college situation, ensuring that students are prepared for and get the very best out of their time spent with us. Programme follow-up, review and personal evaluation helps to ensure that learning transfer and positive developments are well-grounded and long-lasting.
The residential programme at Patterdale Hall can focus on a number of important areas including:
- Personal attitudes and motivation
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving approach
- Team Dynamics and personal roles in a team, including leadership and managing others
Outcomes the apprentice will gain include:
- Greater knowledge of their own strengths and limitations, and an appreciation of those colleagues they attend with
- An understanding of how their behaviour can impact on their own performance and that of the team
- Strategies to work effectively as a team, including a greater understanding of what constitutes effective communication
- A knowledge of their preferred role in a team situation, and the opportunity to try and experiment with other roles including leadership.
- Problem solving skills and strategies
- An individual action plan for their own personal development moving forwards
- Enthusiasm for further personal development opportunities
- Increased ability to manage their own learning and performance
- An understanding of how this programme is relevant to them in the workplace
The Residential Experience
Apprentices will be accommodated in Patterdale Hall, a Victorian country house. The accommodation is similar to that of a youth hostel and the food at Patterdale Hall is of a very good standard. The facilities on offer include a comprehensive equipment store, fantastically effective drying room, comfortable lounge with log burning stove, and a games room. Meals are taken in our traditional dining room.
We are able to work with groups of up to 12 apprentices and each group will have its own breakout room to personalise. This is an indoor space to bring the outdoor learning indoors: a space to plan, frontload and review the learning of the day.
A dedicated member of Patterdale Hall staff will work with your organisation to tailor-make a programme and experience to fulfil your needs. The nature of the fully-equipped centre means that apprentices need only arrive with sensible and suitable outdoor clothing. Walking boots, waterproofs and fleece jackets can be provided, along with all technical outdoor equipment. Due to Patterdale Hall’s unique location, once delegates have arrived all activities are accessed straight from the Hall with no need for further travel, thus maximising the use of time.
Final cost depends on the chosen apprentice programme. We are a small provider with much lower overheads than others so are able to keep our costs quite low compared with other apprentice development providers.
Many programme durations are possible, including weekend and 7 day apprentice programmes.
Any profits generated from activities undertaken at Patterdale Hall are gifted to the Bolton School bursary fund.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
Email Patterdale Hall Manager Tim Taylor (TTaylor@patterdalehall.org.uk) or Telephone 017684 82233.
We would be delighted to arrange to travel and meet with you face to face.
The only thing better than the excellent location of Patterdale Hall is the welcoming staff and brilliant food. Both the centre staff and instructors worked hard to ensure that the NCS had an amazing experience. I would like to say a huge thank you and hope to be back soon.