The Friends of Patterdale Hall (FOPH) group has been established in order to progress the development of Patterdale Hall. The group is seeking “Friends” to join them in order to support events for the Hall and its grounds; regular newsletters will update members on developments. Some of the Friends will be part of a small steering committee.
Weekend working parties have already started to restore the gardens to their former glory. Objectives already in place for the group include:
- Ensuring the Hall remains as a centre of excellence into the future
- Raising funds for the renovation of the student accommodation
- Reinstalling the orangery that once overlooked the Victorian Italian gardens, as well as restoring the rest of the gardens
- Improving facilities for changing
- Widely publicising the varied activities on offer out of the centre
If you would like to become involved with the group, here are some ideas for you to consider:
- Firstly, join the FOPH group – email the Secretary, Debra Hardman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 01204 434751
- Join one of the FOPH’s volunteer days or working weekends
- Raise money through your own fundraising event – don’t forget to ask for Gift Aid permission and to collect names and addresses
- Sponsor the renovation of a dormitory or aspect of the centre – we can name the room after you!
- Offer to donate your professional skills to the many ongoing projects at Patterdale Hall – this can greatly offset cost
- Join in future FOPH fundraising events.
The inaugural President of the group is Old Boy of Bolton School and international adventurer and mountain climber, John Amatt. Reflecting on his appointment, John said: “I am delighted and honoured to be asked to be the inaugural President of the Friends of Patterdale Hall group. I have stayed at Patterdale Hall and know what a wonderful place it is, not only for the students of Bolton School but for many other young people who use it each year, some from deprived and disadvantaged backgrounds. The outdoor learning opportunities on offer at Patterdale Hall are very similar to those which I experienced. It was from these confidence building and developmental opportunities that my passion for developing others using the outdoors was established. I have made adventure my business”.
If you would like to become a Friend of Patterdale Hall or support the group in anyway, please do email the Secretary, Debra Hardman (email@example.com) or call 01204 434751.
The only thing better than the excellent location of Patterdale Hall is the welcoming staff and brilliant food. Both the centre staff and instructors worked hard to ensure that the NCS had an amazing experience. I would like to say a huge thank you and hope to be back soon.
Amazing staff, fabulous food and brill location.
“An excellent, enriching experience. All the staff go the extra mile to make everyone feel comfortable. From relaxed gardens with stunning views to challenging team orientated activities, Patterdale Hall is a home away from home, a community and an awesome environment for developing young people.”
Wonderful staff. Thanks for catering for all dietary requirements J Also extremely impressed with the refurb of the South Wing. Thanks for an amazing few days stay!
I’ve stayed at many outdoor activity centres in the Lakes over the last 3 years and Patterdale Hall is by far the best, the most organised and experienced team I’ve had the pleasure to work with. Not only that the instructor I worked with engaged and challenged the team to a level well suited to them, they also enabled me to get the most from the activities. To finish it all off the food is home-made, of high quality and there is plenty of it. I definitely will be coming back at some point. Thanks you so much.
The instructors were fantastic. So friendly + enthusiastic. The location and all the activities were amazing. Gorge walking was my personal favourite! Thanks you to all the Patterdale Hall staff for such an amazing experience for my NCS team.
The activity instructors here at Patterdale are the best I’ve ever come across and gave an amazing experience to our young people.
The food was amazing! The hall and garden are both stunning locations. All the staff, instructors, cooks etc. are extremely helpful and welcoming. Superb location all round.
Everything on site is brilliant, from the food, facilities +staff. Location stunning. First time here and I would definitely come back. THANK YOU!!
Thank you so much for making our first week of the challenge really special. Gwyn